27 July 2014

Life, Lately...


Hello! Hope everyone is well, OK something a little different from me today. I decided I would create a post based on my life during this past month  and boy, its been a long one. 



#1. Finally! We are getting a decent Summer up here in Scotland, the temperature has been incredible lately. We have had some absolute scorching days this month and hopefully the weather will continue like this until I go back to Uni in September.

#2. Strawberries!! I bought a little strawberry plant at the end of last year in Dobbies (bargain by the way) and so far I have had 5 minuscule baby strawbs from it. I think that is going to be my lot for this year but I was quite proud that I actually got any! 

#3. BLOGGING. Yes blogging has been in some ways a great distraction from all the crazy things thats been going on in my life recently. I'm very proud of my little blog now, it's finally beginning to take shape. Blogging has become something that allows me to not only share my thoughts about beauty products with you all but, a place that I can also communicate with like minded people with similar interests. I want to take this opportunity to thank everyone that has supported me by following my blog on various platforms, your encouragement is very much appreciated and makes me smile. 

#4. Making an effort. Righty o', recently I have been kind of neglecting myself and I think now is the time to get back on track. The physical task of putting on makeup was beginning to sound more like a chore than being an enjoyable part of my daily routine. Anyway, I have been probably saying this for a while now but, DIET STARTS MONDAY! 

#5. Make up shopping always makes me happy for some reason, I'm sure many of my fellow beauty bloggers know what I'm talking about. I needed to get some essentials as I had run out of some of my MAC favs, my nearest MAC counter is in Harvey Nichols in Edinburgh so that meant a trip to the capital which is always a pleasure, especially if the weather is nice. 

#6. Edinburgh, Scotland's capital city. Like I said before it is always such a joy going into the city, you are almost always guaranteed to see something new or different there. With a huge variety of shops and spectacular scenery Edinburgh is probably the place I always head for when looking for something a little bit different. My favourite shops to browse about in are; Harvey Nichols, Jenners, House of Fraser, Michael Kors & Multrees Walk and John Lewis. George Street is always nice for food and drinks if your looking for something a bit more "up market" and lush, there are lots of amazing places down there. 

#7. Mr. Elijah Wood was in town a couple of weeks back for the International Film Festival. This photograph was taken (by me) out site the Lyceum theatre in Edinburgh after his Hero Hangout with Empire Magazine, I have to say the talk was amazing and he is very much down to earth and willing to meet his fans. Despite the fact that he has played the lead character in one of the biggest films in the world he is a genuine, nice guy. I have to say this was one of the best evenings I have had in a long time. 

#8. Michael Kors. My Hamilton tote has had a few outings this month due to several trips to the capital, I don't like to use it all the time because it is something in which I bought myself and I'd like to keep looking good for when I wanna dress up an outfit. I really like collecting Michael Kors items, I have a couple of watches now, some perfume and handbags. I would love to try out the cosmetics line it looks fab. The simplicity of his designs resemble what I am all about, simple but classy. Love it. 

#9. A wee trip to the castle was also on the cards this month due to the fact we had my nephew and two nieces over to stay. We had such a good day for a stroll up the castle, if you haven't been I highly recommend it, history and an amazing view what more can you ask for? 

#10. Wedding season of course. A friend of the family got married over the weekend so it was a perfect opportunity to practice the photography skills. We went along just before she entered the church so we were able to see all of the guests and family members arriving before the event. Again, what a lovely weekend and dare I say a bit too hot? 

#11. OK, flowers this colour? Yes, this seems to be a new craze, they are professionally dyed and have to be sent over from Amsterdam! Don't worry I didn't actually make this order, a family relative has a florist. They just look absolutely technicolor! Brilliant.

#12. So the last thing I did was head to the coast (partially because thats where the wedding was) for some photography practice. You can probably tell from the photo just how hot and humid a day it was! 


I hope you all enjoyed my little photo book from this month. Please let me know if you want to see more of these blog posts. 


Thanks for stopping by !


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.