20 July 2014

2014 Drug Store Favourites

So it's Sunday! Work tomorrow, great... 

My current Sunday status consists of lazing about watching Neil Oliver documentaries about Scotland (for the third time this year) and munching. I decided I would write a blog post about some of my favourite affordable makeup products, in particular the products I tend to buy over and over again. You should be able to find most of these products online if not in your local 'drug store'. I just realised how American that sounds, doesn't sound right coming from a Scottish person but I'm not sure how else to describe these types of shops, let me know what you call them. You know what I'm talking about anyways don't cha? 

Anyway here are the makeup items I repurchase. I have to say I have been very impressed by Loreal this year as a more affordable beauty brand. Let's start of with priming the canvas...


REVLON PHOTOREADY PERFECTING PRIMER
Please excuse the messiness of this bottle as you can see it is well loved. This has got to be one of the best primers I have tried so far, it leaves your skin feeling silky soft as it fills in pores, fine lines and little scars and makes your foundation look smashing! I like the fact it comes with a pump, the packaging doesn't look too cheap and you get a good amount of product (27ml). If you haven't tried this yet I defiantly recommend checking this out if your looking to create a clear flawless face, also perfect for oily skin types. 


L'OREAL TRUE MATCH FOUNDATION
This foundation is a cult favourite among the online beauty community. I wouldn't say that this is my favourite 'drug store' foundation but, it is the one that I seem to repurchase again and again, maybe because it is a better price than most others, who knows! No really, it is a nice thin consistency and actually gives very good initial coverage. It contains an SPF 17 and comes in an array of really nice colours. The only thing I find with this foundation is that it doesn't really last very long and if you have oily / combination skin it may slide off very quickly. That being said it is nice for everyday wear and blends in easily. 


MAYBELLINE 'FIT ME' CONCEALER
Can I just say that this concealer is great! It is really inexpensive and gives a nice medium converge which can be built up. I have this in a couple of colours so that it can be used in various areas on the face, I haven't experienced any creasing around the eye area, it seems to stay in place pretty well. Try this one especially if you love MAC Pro Longwear concealer. 


NYC SMOOTH SKIN BRONZER (SUNNY)
So my obsession with smelling things lead me to sniff this bronzer which I can tell you it smells like play dough! It isn't really noticeable when you apply it though, I like this shade as it doesn't pull up orange, it is a nice matte bronzer perfect for contouring and all over bronzing purposes. NYC is incredibly cheap I think this bronzer is less than a fiver! This is my second lot of this because the other one broke however, it is a definitive repurchase regardless. 


L'OREAL SUPER LINER BROW ARTIST 
Okay, this is a new product for me this year, I have instantly fallen in love with this brow shaper pencil. It comes with two sides, one the brow colour and brush the other is a clear wax that you apply before or after shaping your brows. This is the colour 02 Blonde and is a match made in heaven for my eyebrows! Quite a lot of brands make 'blonde' eyebrow pencils that are orange! The pencil is not too soft so it fills in little gaps whilst making your eyebrows look nice and natural although, you can make them bold if you wish. Again, an affordable product that does an amazing job without too much time and effort - go get it!


L'OREAL L'EXTRODINAIRE LIP COLOUR 
Ahhh!! Loreal again! although these products have just came out I love them! They are on the purchase more and repurchase lists! The colours are pretty amazing and the actual product feels great on the lips. To me, these are basically just pigmented lipgloss as they don't leave a stain on your lips they just kind of wear off as a lipgloss typically would. They feel soft and smooth, not sticky, the packaging appears more like a higher end lip product rather than a drug store range which is a great thing as they make your vanity look pretty. I have pictures and swatches of 3 of these lip products, you can find the link in the side bar > > >


So, there you have it, my drug store favourite / repurchase list of 2014 so far... I mean this may change in the coming months as brands come out with new lines but for the moment this is what I have been loving! 

Do you have any cult favs from the drug store that you just can't see past?

Let me know your thoughts.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.